Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor

Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor








Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How Adding a Juice Bar to My Business Increased My Sales and Traffic!

How Adding a Juice Bar to My Business Increased My Sales and Traffic!


I needed something to really set me apart from the competition, being one of five cafes in town. So this is what I did - I bought an automatic juicer.

Of the couple of dozen restaurants and cafes in my area, I became the first to offer a fully functional juice bar. I began serving freshly squeezed seasonal fruits and vegetable juices daily. Once I had something fresh and new to promote, customers weren't too far behind. Now every morning when we open at 10am, there is a line at the door. I firmly believe that adding a commercial juicer to my café was the right thing to do. The quality of juice obtained from an orange juice extractor is not the same as what is mass-produced and sold in stores. It has a freshness, a vibrancy that really puts an extra kick into your step.

I was sitting in my living room thinking "what new angle" to try out for my café, when I heard a cable news story on the National Cancer Institute's recomMendation for Americans to add more fruits and vegetables into their diets. The majority of people living in the United States do not get the 4-5 servings needed to enjoy healthy lives. Well, I thought, what's easier than not even having to eat fruits and vegetables? Drinking them! My next move could only be to move a juice bar into my restaurant.

The crucial thing is that the juice is freshly squeezed. I have to stress this. Nobody will visit your restaurant for store-bought juice. There's no point in it. Fruits and vegetables lose most of their vitamin and mineral content within two hours after juicing, and being stuffed into cartons and then pasteurized only further lowers the nutritional content. Only when consumed right away does freshly squeezed juice (like that which I provide my clients from a commercial juicer) burst with life and energy. The phytochemicals and enzymes found naturally in fresh fruit and vegetable juice prevent many cancers and imbalances in the body.

It's been six months now and I have had customers tell me that if I ever storage my automatic juicer or stop serving freshly squeezed juice in general, they will never come back. Older clients have told me that after just a month of regularly drinking freshly squeezed juice, they're feeling younger and more energetic. And to top it off, I've enjoyed a 70% increase in profit. I'm not up late anymore wondering if I'll have to cut corners to keep my cafe running. Even in a bad economy, you can run a successful business. I learned it's about ingenuity, and being one step ahead of everyone else. I have to tell you how grateful I am that the only thing I needed to do to increase my cafe's popularity and my net income was purchase an automatic juicer.




No comments:

Post a Comment